Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Life Held Dear

Acts 20:24 - "But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God."

Whom do we refer to as "dear?" Our spouses, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, friends? All of these we should certainly hold dear to our hearts. If, however, we are holding our own lives dear, then that is something which must be measured in degrees. Paul tells us not to merely look out for own interests, but for those of others (Philippians 2:4). Therefore, it is not wrong to look after ourselves, but we must place a higher interest in others. As Jesus said, if we seek His kingdom and His righteousness first, then our needs will be provided (Matthew 6:33).

Life should be a romance as we walk hand in hand with our Creator. He is the One we should hold dearest to our hearts. When we do, we will finish the course with great joy He has given us to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment