Tuesday, February 14, 2017

What Do We Deserve?

Romans 5:19 - "For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous."

God is not a respecter of persons when it comes to salvation. As Adam doomed the entire human race, Jesus Christ redeemed it. This was more than collective bargaining. It was the judgment of a holy God's requirement for disfellowshiping mankind, and then His satisfaction concerning restored fellowship with Him.

Never listen to the lie that salvation was for those who "deserve" it. Simply put, we all deserve hell yet Jesus Christ saved sinners (of whom I am foremost). If He can take a "scuzball" like myself and free me from sin, He can do it for anyone. As I tell those with whom I counsel, there is nothing you can tell me that will shock me. (If I have not done it, I have thought about doing it.) Jesus Christ came to set the likes of "dirtbags" like you and me totally free!

No comments:

Post a Comment