Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Fall and Rise of the Believer

Micah 7:8 - "Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

We will fall from time to time. It is inevitable because we are sons and daughters of light and we live in the darkness. A beloved brother who is from what many would call the heart of darkness in Africa states how the darkness is so much more pronounced here in America. "At least there," he states "we recognize the darkness and what we must fight. Here, there are so many things pulling at you that it makes it much harder to live as a Christian in your country." While this may be true, God will always give us grace to live in the midst of sin. He will allow our lights to shine in the darkness if we will but allow Him.

The subtlety of the flesh and the devil will sometimes get the upper hand in our lives. When we fail, the enemy of our souls desires we concede and believe we will never overcome. This deception has claimed many, but it does not need to claim another. "Though I fall I will rise" is a fundamentally accurate promise which all believers can put their hope. In order to rise, we must first fall upon the Lord and then He makes us ascend through His redemption. The tragedy is when we fall into the arms of despair rather into His arms. May we always fall on the Rock of our salvation. There is only hope in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment