Sunday, March 9, 2014

Test Yourselves

II Corinthians 13:5 - "Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you— unless indeed you fail the test?"

I trust that none of us would fail the test. However, it would be foolish not to check ourselves from time to time. We do many self-exams on things such as cancers or strokes. Why would it seem strange to check whether we are in the faith?

Some might say, "I don't need to check because by faith I am saved, now and forever more in Christ!" That may be true, but John and Jesus told us to bring forth fruits with our repentance. If the fruit is there (Galatians 5:22-23), then we have correctly judged ourselves. The word will always accurately reveal our thoughts and intentions if we will hold ourselves to its scrutiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment