Jeremiah 20:9 - "But if I say, 'I will not remember Him or speak anymore in His name,' then in my heart it becomes like a burning fire shut up in my bones; and I am weary of holding it in, and I cannot endure it."
Often, we as Christians go to our prayer meetings and offer a quick prayer for this or that, and then move on to something else. Where are the Jeremiahs of our day? Where are those who become burdened for individuals, situations, nations, are etc. and burn within? Where are those who must "pray through the burden" otherwise it burns within them as holy heartburn? Beloved of God, glib prayers produce nothing. If we say we are praying in faith, then where are the results?
If we are truly "spiritual mountain movers" then why is not the earth quaking from the man or woman of God that burns for God? To those for whom much is given, much is required. Can He trust us with His burden?
Lord, help us to burn for You instead of this world. Help us to burn within, so that others might not burn for eternity! In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:
Post a Comment