Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Aligning with God in Prayer

Mark 11:24 - "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."

As a child, I seldom came to my parents and asked for something I knew was impossible to receive. If I went and asked for a B-52 Bomber (since a Strategic Air Command AFB base was close to our house), my dad would have said, "Oh, we're playing let's pretend, huh?" I had no need for a B-52 and we both knew it. However, if I asked for something reasonable within his power, he would tax all of his resources to get it for me.

What are we praying and asking for? If it is a reasonable request, God will tax all of heaven to answer our prayer. The key word here is "reasonable." The implication with any request is ... are we praying the will of God? That is really all prayer is, agreeing with what heaven already wants to do. Once we have God's wisdom in a situation, then we can "pray through" and know that it is a done deal. 

May we all pray according to His will and align heaven's desires with ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment