Micah 7:7- "But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me."
There is no substitute for expectancy in regard to hope. Without expecting God to move on our behalf is like removing all power within faith. The essence of faith will always see those things that are unseen as yet-to-be revealed substance (Hebrews 11:1). Therefore, waiting in faith becomes a labor of love rather than an impatient exercise full of fear and anxiety.
Surety of God and His promises in our lives starts with understanding God's character. Scripture tells us God is love (I John 4:8). How much do we really believe this? I would venture to say to the degree we understand God's great love for us will be the degree we rest and wait expectantly for His promises to be fulfilled. Whether it be unsaved loved ones or finances or relationships, God's promise is never to leave us or forsake us in our need (Hebrews 13:5). We must continue to rest on the Everlasting Arms until He fulfills every promise He has spoken to our respective hearts.

No comments:
Post a Comment