Thursday, March 7, 2013

Holy Spirit Fire

Jeremiah 20:9 - "But if I say, 'I will not remember Him or speak anymore in His name,' then in my heart it becomes like a burning fire shut up in my bones; and I am weary of holding it in, and I cannot endure it."

Once God puts His hand on a man or woman, it is impossible to successfully run from God. Jeremiah understood this and most assuredly Jonah knew it was futile to forsake God's calling. The Holy Spirit will certainly be that "Hound of Heaven" who will not compromise His position within all who are chosen by the Lord.

Even during my backslidden years, I often felt a fiery burning within my chest, full of sorrow and remorse. I knew then as now that it was the Holy Spirit grieved within me, desiring my reconciliation with God.

God's burning will always manifest itself as holiness and uncompromising devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ. If we are experiencing God's burning within ... Rejoice! For some of us it may mean a need to repent and turn back to God. For others, it may mean God is about to take us to a higher place of intercession for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment