Many profess to be seekers after truth. Many come to God with a willingness to know Him, yet there are sometimes those certain doubts. Some might say, "Yes, I believe in God, but ... He didn't answer me in the way I thought He would regarding that promotion, or He didn't heal Aunt Helen like I was sure He would." Statements such as these are the difference of someone coming to God in supposed faith and someone coming to God in faith, believing that "He is."When we finally quit trying to create a god in our image, and believe in a God who created us in His image, then we can begin believing "He is." God is the Great I AM, not the magical benefactor many believe He should be. These are silly notions best left to those who believe in Santa or the Tooth Fairy. Sentimentality and carnal, wishful thinking of who we believe God should be will be replaced once and for all when we really understand who "He is" and who we are in that relation.
"You have made us for thyself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee." - Augustine of Hippo.
No comments:
Post a Comment